It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to pokegen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pokegen Website!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 am 

ExtraLoad wrote:
I checked the website and its nice , well done BUT something is missing and Idk what it is, just a sparkle or something....

And is it just me or is everything at 'About' button, when I clock on a sprite, everything is in brazilian,spanish,portugese, idk which language it is...

It is Latin, and that is Lorem Ipsum, which is used by graphic designers to demonstrate graphic elements. In other words, it is merely filler used since there is no actual bio available.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:05 pm 

extraload, that is print standard filler text. there isn't anything to put yet, so it's there as a place holder. so no it isn't you, but this is intentional.

Thanks fuzzie :3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 am 

Awesome website so far ;)

but ..
a website NEED to always have a place (Contact, About) which displays the correct address of the owner and his/her name. The address could be just an email-address but there have to be such a thing. It's some law thing and i think you should include it, even the website is in some kind of beta status :)

and two suggestions:
-i think it would be nice, if you dim the background image a little, so that the content part in the front is clear separated.
- on my screen-resolution, you have some scrollbars on the website and i think that shouldn't be on a website so colorful. Just don't look so nice to have this ugly gray things in the middle of a nice picture. (eg. in the about section, at the place where the text "Click a sprite to see..." is displayed

- and at last i was thinking, that a giant (ca 8cm) figure like a giant Ash may look nice on the right or left side outside the "content" window, which reaches a little in this window. some game websites have something like that and i think it looks nice and gives a little "extra"

Edit: I forgot to mention: maybe another Border on top of the big headpicture would be nice, similar to the section bar on the bottom of it, or you place the Pokemon Generations sign in the middle and make it bigger so it reaches the ends of the headpicture. I think this would create some sort of frame around the headpicture and that may look more exiting xD

MfG, i hope this was helpful ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm 

updated the pokedex with the latest updates!

@unamedhunter:
i don't have the contact info, so that is not something I can put up. I do not believe it is a law here in the US.

sorry you are having problems at your resolution. if you don't give your resolution though, there is nothing i can do to fix it. the site is designed to work for most common resolutions. if you are working at something like 800x600 there isn't much I can do since you are likely one in a million still working on that resolution. as for the scroll bars, that is a sub-par artifact from the new age of browsers. there is nothing i can do to style them other than hide them, and then you wouldn't be able to access the other content. otherwise, I'm not really sure what you are asking for here.

I dont see what adding a frame would do other than create more clutter up there. there is already a 1px accent on the images.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:51 pm 

I didn't know thunderwave could 1-hit KO.

I think you have a typo on the nidoran male page ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:10 pm 

Bahaha whoops. XD I kinda just go on autopilot when I'm putting stuff into the tables lol. Thanks for pointing that out

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:00 am 

My screen resolution is 1920*1080 so not some abstruse one and the issue is not really based on the resolution. I just mentioned the resolution,because i'm not sure if you see the scrollbars on everyone and they could appear just on widescreens.

As far as i know the Contact/About section with address data is mandatory everywhere and you can use some dummy text for it. It was just a suggestion so you don't have to put it on last minute.

Now the scrollbars. I have made some websites(back at school) on my own, so i know for sure ,that you can hide the scrollbars in the middle of the website. One solution is to make the content auto-fit so it scales up/down and you don't need this gray things and as far as i see would not be a problem ,because the content is not really to big.

And at last, i see that you already have dimmed the background a little ,but i thought a little more could help clear things out. That was just my opinion and at last it's your website, so you decide ;) maybe you could try some things out and see if it's better or not

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 am 

UnNammedHunter wrote:
As far as i know the Contact/About section with address data is mandatory everywhere and you can use some dummy text for it. It was just a suggestion so you don't have to put it on last minute.

This is utter nonsense. It is important for SEO for reasons I cannot disclose but is not necessary at all.

EDIT: Besides the current about page meets that requirement as far as anyone is concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:22 am 

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN MY NAME!! MY NAME IS THERE *-* thanks for everything guys , im going to retake my 3-D modeling asap! *manly tears* BTW will you add my name like this : "felivans (Luis Felipe Garavito)" or "Luis Felipe Garavito aka felivans"?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 pm 

Looks Great! I like the about page, good for shoutouts to helpers. And the Pokedex its pretty good. The stats are right around where I get my info from. Though where the attacks are, there could be something that shows the type of attacks. Like Physical or Special attacks that way people would know what they scale off of. (Attack or SP Attack)

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours