It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to pokegen

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pokemon Voices
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 am 

Are the Pokemon voices going to be ripped from anime/games or is it going to be original recording?

Post subject: Re: Pokémon Voices
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 am 

Im pretty sure what we already got is ripped from Anime, tho mabye if people are able we can have some original?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am 

endie wrote:
Are the Pokémon voices going to be ripped from anime/games or is it going to be original recording?

I've been using a combination of anime rips when available(though for the most part, I've been unable to get them properly rid of effects and background music, though I've had my successes here and there)

I was also able to pull from any of the games that were courteous enough to include anime voicing.

As the ambitions of the project have grown slightly since its inception, we're going to need more base sounds than I previously thought, so we'll probably have to rely on recorded voice far more than what we originally intended(I mean, basically we were just two guys that set out to have fun making a Pokemon game that we'd play) and for consistency's sake might have to phase out much of the official sounds in order to gain a more uniform set for each Pokemon.

Where this may be divisive at is that I don't intend to make every Pokemon sound 100% like it did in the anime. In fact some might sound drastically different, if only because both of us hated the depiction that they received (I don't have examples for you right now, but I'm sure they'll pop up) and so we'll use our own takes on them, and give them the feel that WE want. We never aimed to be 100% true to either the anime or the games, but rather to use the anime's best parts, the video games' best parts and our own ideas as a springboard for something different.

That's why I've been hesitant to list each Pokemon and take submissions for all 251.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:12 am 

Well maybe don't list all 251, just create community 'assignments'? I think probably there are a handful of people who would be interested in helping, but inevitably, only a few have either the right voice, or a mic high enough quality, etc. If you make a list of say 5 or so Pokemon (with specifications on what sounds are needed, how the voice should sound, etc) and then just updated the assignment list when you decided more what needed to be done, that would probably be enough. I don't see tons of people jumping on this the way people do on models, but this is something I'd like to give a shot =P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 am 

That's why I created this thread but it was before the split-I should move it to this sub-forum. I do plan to expand on the list, but I like to do that on an as-needed basis, since adding new mechanics will typically take precedent over new Pokemon, and I like to get the voices as we're figuring out temporary attack types (sometimes THAT decides the voices we'll go for-sometimes it's the other way around-Abra's attack type more or less stemmed an entire discussion about how we wanted him to play out just from listening to different voice samples and throwing out most of what was there :P)

ANY time I do that-I'll make sure to cite examples of what I want to aim for, whether it be anime episodes or something else.

I'll move that thread to this sub-forum, and when I have more free time this evening I'll add some more to the list.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:02 am 

Quote:
Are the Pokémon voices going to be ripped from anime/games or is it going to be original recording?

Probably, this would be a recording for the background songs of the anime/game. having background songs will bring the anime/games more exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm 

I would be willing to help with "voice acting" If needed, i have a fairly nice vocal range and can do a pretty wide variety of sounds, if you want any new sounds. (and if you are thinking to add some humanoid characters i'm pretty strong with accents to)

:D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours